Stage 2 chronic kidney disease is easy to recover for kidney is still in compensation stage. As long as we take effective treatment measures and have a good management to assist the treatment, the effect will be good. How to manage? It goes as follows:
1. Do blood test and urine test to monitor the protein in urine, serum
creatinine level, etc. In addition, ECT test is also necessary which can tell us
the GFR, which reflects how kidney functions and is short for glomerular
2. Keep a healthy diet is also necessary.
Limit intake of refined and processed foods high in sugar and sodium
Choose and prepare foods with less salt or high sodium ingredients
Keep protein intake within the Daily Reference Intake (DRI) level recommended
for healthy people
Consum the DRI for vitamins and minerals
Potassium and phosphorus are usually not restricted unless blood levels are
3. Keep stage 2 chronic kidney disease patients’ blood pressure at a healthy
a) 125/75 for those with diabetes
b) 130/85 for non-diabetes and non-proteinuria
c) 125/75 for non-diabetes with proteinuria
4. Stop drinking alcohol and smoking. Long time drinking wine or alcohol can
lead to anemia, and the disorder of blood cells. Kinds of bleeding are due to
the bad absorption of stomach and guts, which also lead to low use ratio of
vitamin. In addition, the increased discharge of vitamin can lead to
5. Stop coffee. Long time drinking coffee can make patients with stage 2
kidney disease have kidney stone, which can increase the burden of the kidney.
The elements in coffee can increase the amount of calcium in the urine, which is
the main reason why patients have kidney stone.