Is Watermelon Good for Chronic Kidney Disease
Generally speaking, most patients can take in it for it contains less sugar and much vitamin and trace element and so on. However, if the patients have edema or swelling, they are not suggested to take in much watermelon for watermelon contains much water. If taken in, we should take it into account of the total water we take in every day.Can Watermelon Be Helpful for Stage 4 CKD
Besides watermelon, patients with chronic kidney disease should pay attention to the following principles: low potassium, low phosphorus, low fat, low salt, low protein and high vitamin especially when the kidney disease develops into advanced stage and there appears disorder of electrolyte.
1. low potassium.Is Watermelon Good to Eat for Stage Five PKD Patient Can People with Polycystic Kidney Disease Eat Watermelon
Food which is rich in potassium is such as mushroom, tomatoes, sweet tomatoes, cabbage, date, bananas, oranges, apricot, spinach, and so on.
2. low salt. Food which is rich in salt is such as aginomoto, sauce, salted vegetables, and so on. In addition, those who have edema or can not control high blood pressure should not take in salt.Herbal Medicine Treats Kidney Disease Acupuncture for Kidney Disease
3. low phosphorus. Food which is rich in phosphorus is such as sea food, sea plant, kelp, internal organs, tea, and egg yellow, etc.
4. low fat. When we cook, we had better use plant oil and avoid animal oil.
5. low protein and good quality protein. Patients with kidney disorder should take in egg white, milk, lean meat and so on, which contains good quality protein. In addition, plant protein should be avoided at the same time such as beans. Beans or bean milk is so popular all around the world. Why do patients with chronic kidney disease should limit it? As we know, there is damage inside of the kidney once kidney disease takes place. Beans can produce much nitrogen in the course of metabolism, which will worsen the kidney function and give kidney more burden.