Diet(Food) for Kidney Disease Patients on Edge of Dialysis
1. Low potassium-- high potassium content of foods should be forbidden: all kinds of edible fungi, potato, Chinese yam, cabbage, date, banana, orange, white fungus, peach, apricot, spinach, rape, etc.
2. Low salt—high salt content of foods: MSG, soda cracker, fine dried noodles, soy sauce, etc. the patient whose blood pressure is not stable or has severe edema, should avoid salt. In general, every patient takes salt less than 3g every day. Those who are suffering from severe edema(dropsy or swelling) should limit the salt intake even no salt diet will be adopted.
3. Low phosphorus—high phosphorus content of foods: marine food products and marine plant, such as: seaweed, laver, animals’ bowels, sesame, tea, honey, yolk, etc.Diet for Stage 4 Kidney Failure Home Remedy for Stage 4 Chronic Kidney Disease
4. Low fat Note: It is forbidden to use animal oil while cooking. Take vegetable oil mainly, don’t take fatty food. It is better for the kidney patient to corn oil contained unsaturated fatty acid.Is A Vegetarian Diet Beneficial for CKD Stage 4 Patients
5. High-quality protein—can take right amount of egg white, milk, and fine lean meat, the amount of intake should be less than 100g. Can’t take vegetable protein, such as bean and each kind of bean products, bean curd, and bean milk. Can’t take every kind of nuts, such as peanut, melon seeds, and walnut.
6. High vitamin-- takes more vegetable and every kind of fruit, like pear, apple, cucumber, tomato, etc.Why Purine Should Be Limited in a Patient With CKD
Note: avoid spicy food (such as onion, ginger, garlic, etc), avoid smoke and liquor, and avoid dog meat. While being oliguria, the patient needs to control the water intake as well. In general, the water intake should less than the urine volume on the day before.
For more information about diet (food) for kidney disease patients on edge of dialysis or kidney transplant, welcome to consult us online or email us.