When Should I Do Kidney Biopsy
1. If patients are suffering from Goodpastures syndrome but can not figure out the pathological factor, they can consider renal biopsy to judge whether it is a secondary disease caused by Immunotherapy.
2. If the renal glomerular nephritis leads to rapid decrease of renal function, we should do a renal biopsy to confirm the style of pathological type.
3. Patients with progressive Good pastures syndrome can make a renal biopsy to figure out the type of immune complex and the degree of inflammatory, which is significant for the early stage diagnosis and treatment.
4. Patients with adult primary nephrotic syndrome had better have a renal biopsy before the application of hormone to make sure of the pathological type, which can avoid the side effects caused by hormone. Those who have not got effective effects especially need a renal biopsy.
5. People who have hematuria and have been diagnosed that hematuria(Hematuria and Kidney Disease) is not caused by renal glomerular damage should do a renal biopsy to confirm. Those should also do renal biopsy if they have continuous hematuria, which is also accompanied by proteinuria(Proteinuria and Kidney Disease), the protein of which is more than 1g in 24 hours.
6. People have long time pure proteinuria but have no other symptoms, in which case, we can have a renal biopsy to judge the pathological type, which is also good for the medication and the prognosis.
7. People who have lupus nephritis, renal high blood pressure, acute renal failure, chronic renal failure and can not find out the reason can do a renal biopsy to help get scientific diagnosis.