2014年12月14日星期日

A Case from a Patient with End Stage of Chronic Kidney Disease

Last year, she was diagnosed with Chronic Kidney Disease during her pregnancy. She did not receive the treatment at that time. The next year, she went to hospital when she found edema in her legs and eyelids. Then she was diagnosed with Uremia, the end stage of Chronic Kidney Disease. The disease progressed so fast that she could not bear it. Her child was one year old only, and she did not reconcile to sustain her life depending on dialysis. Accompanied by her family, she came to Shijiazhuang Kidney Disease Hospital.
After receiving the treatment for about a month, she discharged from hospital. She wrote a letter to her attending doctor. The content is as below.
I have been here for a month. During this period, the doctors and nurses here give me a feeling of coming back home. I feel warm.
Before being here, I am very worried. I get Uremia, which is a kind of deathless cancer in many people’s opinion. I feel that it is unfair. Why does the disease happen to me? Can I recover to normal? But after being here, I find the hope. More and more patients recover around me, which cheers me up. I begin to cooperate with the doctors. Day by day, I find that I feel better and better.
a. The edema decreases. My weight decreases from 57kg to 50kg.
b. The quality of sleeping improves obviously.
c. The amount of urine increases from 800ml to 2100ml.
d. The interval of dialysis prolongs. At first, I need to do dialysis every 3 day, now it comes to every 5days. I believe I can get rid of dialysis someday.

Today I will discharge from here. I am thankful to the doctors and the nurses here. They really regard me as their friends. And they give a happy life. At last, I hope all the patients with kidney disease will recover soon!

Leave a Message

Full Name:
Country:
Email:
Phone Number:
Whatsapp:
Medical Report:
Disease Description:
 

24-hour doctor online, free consultation on kidney disease related issues